EA81 alternator wiring

I have an EA81 alternator. I'm trying to find the pinout.

there is a 2 conductor "white" connector, with FAT white wire coming out, and a thin white/redstripe wire coming out.

There is a bolt/nut connector labeled BAT, with FAT white wire coming off.

this fat white is connected to the other fat white wire(on two conductor connector), and also to another white wire leading away from the alternator.

So as it is now, I have 2 wires coming from the alt. 1)?idiot light?

2)batt/exciter combined

It seems like BAT would be OUTPUT of the alternator, IE charge source.

then the two conductor connector: I'm guessing one is the "exciter", IE the power source for the alternator, and the other one would be the idiot light output.

I don't understand why exciter and battery (output) would be connected. Does this white wire go to a relay somewhere? It must... because otherwise the exciter would always be connected and drain the battery.

Does this alternator have an internal regulator? I'm guessing yes, because exciter and output are connected.

Any tips appreciated... If anyone has the wiring diagram, that would be great!

Rich

Reply to
aiiadict

I have a factory manual for the old EA81 GL. Email me directly to remind me; I'll scan the wiring diagram for you.

ByeBye! S.

I looked on USMB and found:

1)it has internal regulator 2)BAT goes to battery + 3)fat white from white connector goes to ignition switched +V 4)the thin with/redstripe wire is idiot light

Rich

Reply to
aiiadict