Adding a "clicker" to turn signal indicator

One of the very few minor beefs I have about my '05 OB 2.5i is that the little green turn signal indicators in the dash are quite hard to see particularly in bright sun.

Has anyone tried adding a clicker of some sort to give an audible indication that a turn signal is still on? Any idea as to how to wire one in?

Reply to
eachcornerpulling

google "turn signal beeper"

Reply to
Mike Copeland

Thanks! I would have no trouble finding a suitable beeper at Radio Shack, but precisely how and where to wire it in is the question.

Reply to
eachcornerpulling

My new hearing aid solved that problem for me.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Interesting are you saying that the newer Subarus don't have a clicking sound in the turn signal? My 2000 OBW has the clicking sound.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

It's more likely that the click is too faint to be heard under normal road conditions. Just removiing the blinker from its bracket and moving it somwehre with better sound conduction might work (When I replaced the blinker unit on one of my older subarus, I couldn't get my hand around far enough to put the blinker back in its bracket, and I left it dangling behind the glove box. Seemed to make it more audible as a side-efect)

Reply to
L. Ross Raszewski

Or with 100 Watts at the doors and 300 Watts to the sub...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Just checked. Even with the engine off on my 2005 OBW there's no sound whatever from the turn signals.

Anyone else with the same model year - do yours click? On most cars you can hear the relay (presumably) clicking, loudly or otherwise, but not on mine.

Reply to
eachcornerpulling

I have a 2005 OBW. The signal does click, but very, VERY quietly. Turn up the radio a little or crack the windows and you'll never hear it.

Dave Riesz

Reply to
drieszguesswhattozap

Thanks! I'll take your word for it as I know I'm a tad "high-frequency impaired". Even sitting in a quiet garage, windows closed and engine off, I can't hear a thing, so I'm still looking for a something to add on.

Reply to
eachcornerpulling