Aftermarket wheels

OK, need some votes:

05 WRX Wagon, Crystal Grey Metallic.

Want some 17" wheels and can't decide on color.

Black? Silver? Chrome? Gun metal?

All I know right now is that the stock wheels are ugly and I want them changed.

Reply to
Ragnar

Bryan Lee

White steel wagon wheels, like the old Brat. You could also spray them black for that NASCAR look.

Why would you care what a bunch of anonymous folks think are the right wheels for your car?

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

I prefer black wheels. I especially like cheap black steel wheels, but they hardly look cool to the average passerby.

If you ask me, chrome just doesn't look right on a Subie. Silver or gunmetal would look good though. :)

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

My suggestion- go to

They have a fun little tool that you can use to see what different wheels look like on your car. When you get to the web site click on the 'Shopping tools' link in the upper right hand corner. You can then enter the year, make, model & color of your ride. It then offers you a bunch of different wheels that it will display on a picture of your car. Pick out some and see what looks good!

Have fun,

Reply to
PHIL

Thanks for the suggestion. Already did that prior to posting. Turns out there are 61 rim choices for the WRX and EVERY DAMN ONE OF THEM IS SILVER OR CHROME!!!! And yes, I selected "all" on the colors pulldown. TireRack has a nice tool, but its incomplete. Half of the rims they show come in colors other than chrome or silver, but do they show them? Nooooooo!

Anyway, I'll keep looking.

Reply to
Ragnar

If you can freight the car to Australia, I'll gladly invest a considerable amount of time in roadtesting all the available options then posting photographs of the results. Cheers

Reply to
hippo

They have gold BBS's, bronzeish OZ Superleggara's, and a half dozen SSR comps that aren't silver or chrome. But then, you didn't say you wanted gold.

Reply to
2Stroke

I agree that the Tireracks tool is very incomplete. They only list 2 choices in 17" for my wife's car (VR4) yet I know many others fit. Maybe some day. TG

Reply to
TG

Ragnar, you gave up too easily. :) Go back and enter your car as a

2004 model. Same car. Don't think they have fully entered all the applications for the '05 models yet.

Anyway, you will be able to see your ride outfitted with wheels in-

Chrome Silver Gold painted Anthracite painted Ultra diamond tech Light gray Black w/ anodized lip

Maybe more. I didn't check all the photos.

Reply to
PHIL