I'm Back!! (& a question)

Hey guy's!! I've been away for a while... bought a house, spent the summer at Keesler AFB (NCO Academy)... and now I'm home and wrenchin in my OWN garage! YAY!!

What's been happening?

I picked up another bug... a '65-ish ('65 body on an earlier pan) that's almost COMPLETLEY rust free!! It's dismantled right now... needs paint and put back together. Should be a quick project (not like the rusty ragtop). I'm building a 1700 T4 engine to put in it. I'm thinking about going with the stock color (bahama blue) but also really like silver or black... any input?

The car came with Rossi-style headlights. I posted earlier about them and was told that if they have the "Rossi" logo on the lens, they were genuine. Is that true? After seeing them off the car, I have doubts. They do have "Rossi" stamped all over them, and the chrome bezel *IS* metal... but the ring that holds the headlamp is black plastic. The lens is also plastic, and has "IND. BRASILEIRA" (Brazil?) at the top, the stylized Rossi logo at the center, and some patent info at the bottom. I'll try to get some pictures posted, if any of you can help me determine their authenticity. I'm trying to decide if I should use these and go for a somewhat custom look for the car, or stick with stock.

Thanks!

Reply to
Bugzilla

"Bugzilla" wrote

Personally, I'd go with the Bahama blue. Sorry, can't help with the headlights.

Welcome back, Troy .... it's the same old place, kinda like Cheers ... and that's a good thing. :-)

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Thanks, Scott

Yeah, I agree... I think I'm gonna lean more toward the stock look. But with a lowered stance, BRMs, etc... gonna be a driver. I haven't owned a sedan that I could DRIVE.

Reply to
Bugzilla

Reply to
B.C. Bugger

BTW, I later discovered he really DID put play dough behind his ears for that pic.

He'll be back.

That's going to take many many years of personality reconstruction. Chris is just a cranky butt. That's how he is. Maybe we could give him a labotomy, but then again that didn't work real well for Frankenstein, did it? Just don't drown any children in the local creek, Chris. That way you're guarenteed to be safe from torches in the middle of the night. Actually, the progress is good. Prior to New Year's I was planning out torture methods for him, but now I think he's grown on me.

I think maybe we should spare Chris and give Scott the labotomy.

BTW, Gareth's e-mail is no longer valid. I think he really got beyond angry this time.

What do you expect? We got a drunken commentary on the 3 Stooges marathon every

3 minutes, including during the exchanging of vows!

Who *hasn't* pissed off ANT?

And now I'll teach your wife to say "Ei nyt, minulla on paa kipea." Which means "Not now, I have a headache."

Welcome back, Troy!!!!

Kidd Andersson "A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

"Tim Rogers" wrote

"Kidd Andersson" wrote

Trust me .... there'd be little change. 8-)

Reply to
Scott H

"spent the summer at Keesler AFB (NCO Academy)... "

Hmm. So now you're fully indoctrinated into the "Company Line", and can recite Policy from memory.

Been there, Done that

Reply to
Alan Nelson

.................She already knows that one.............

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:57:27 -0500, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

nope...im just a jerk....

shaggie did break the jeep but it is being repaired as we speak...he has no intentions of buying another vw anytime soon, and definitely feels no need to "rejoin" ramva....

Gary's computer and vw are both running a bit rough...

Joey Tribiani

On 14 Jan 2004 20:59:16 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kidd Andersson) ran around screaming and yelling:

i don't know...i'm very well liked by most(people in my life)....i guess i treat others as they treat me... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

.................Don't make me start lecturing you about how nice you are. That would be painful for both of us.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Yeah. We haven't had a "Jerry Springer" period in some time. ;-)

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

... or as my wife says "Not tonight. You ARE a headache!"

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:18:02 -0500, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL....

Joey Tribiani

Had to play the game... got through it but SO glad to be home! (I missed my boy:

) I see RAMVA hasn't changed a bit!!!

Reply to
Bugzilla

Don't make me go to the archives.... Let's just shake now before my black scales and horns start to pop up...

BTW guys, I QUIT SMOKING!!!!! Yay for me!

Kidd "A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Parts is parts... I'll use some of 'em on the '65, but the good (original) stuff will wait patiently for the ragtop to be finished. I'll put the BRMs on it and a 1700 T4 that I was building... the ragtop was gonna get something bigger, anyway ;-)

After chasing all the rust out of the ragtop, I had been trying to straighten it's wrinkled nose with aftermarket and donor panels. Well, I decided that it needed something better. I am tracking down NOS and other original stuff to complete it, and taking my time to get it right. Afterall, the building them is half the fun!

I'll get some pictures posted soon... what I have in mind for it (when completed) is something like this:

Let's see if Ican get it there by DYVWTWD. I do like the color... Anna, still got your's?

Reply to
Bugzilla

Yea, how do you think he got that way in the first place ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

On 15 Jan 2004 02:36:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kidd Andersson) ran around screaming and yelling:

hit the archives all you want...hell i can give you some "search pointers" for the real doozies if you want...but i guess the key words in my post were "(people in my life)"....i don't seem to come across so well on the internet...i guess it is lack of personality in the words we post..(lack of vocal tone?)

congrats...i need to follow your lead...

Joey Tribiani

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kidd Andersson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m28.aol.com:

Also....

........John Henry got his hands on *yet another* splittie.

........Karls in Dominican Republic had quite a time getting his nuts off.

........Did anyone mention the commentary on the Three Stooges Marathon during the New Year's chat?

Kidd, have some dots ääääääääääääääääääääääääääääöööööööööööööööööö

Way to go!

Reply to
cloud8