Air Scoop for Outback

I just got an '04 Outback and am thinking about installing a functional air scoop on the hood. I've read that some WRX scoops with fit on Outback hoods. Is this correct, or does anyone know where I could be Outback specific scoops or has done this before??

Brian

Reply to
Brian K. M.

Bryan Lee

how would that be functional? the scoop on the WRX/Forester XT is to get air to the intercooler... the Outback doesn't have one...

Reply to
Andrew Morris

I was thinking it would provide cooling the engine compartment. It seems that of the three Outbacks my family owns, the engine run a lot warmer than other 4 bangers I've had. Would additional air/ventalation for the engine help keep things cool enough to have a noticable effect, or am I out of line on this??

Brian

Reply to
Brian K. M.

I guess it would add airflow, but to be honest I wouldn't get to concerned about under bonnet temperatures...

Reply to
Andrew Morris