Annoying email from dealer

Just got this note:

"During your last visit, we discovered a concern with your Crosstrek that will need to be addressed soon. We want to make sure that your vehicle is performing at its best while preserving its ability to help keep you and your passengers safe for all the roads ahead.

Please schedule an appointment with us – online or by phone – at your earliest convenience. Our experienced Factory Trained Teams will be ready to handle your Subaru with expert care so that it continues onward just the way you love.

Yours truly,

Matt Slap Subaru"

I am figuring that sales down due to car shortage and dealer trying to make up for it with service. I was just there a week ago for routine oil change and they said everything checked out. I emailed back that they need to tell me the problem first.

Anyone seeing things like this?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Anything to get you in the door, a sales opportunity. I get cards with phony handwritten notes expressing the dealer's desire to purchase my

10 year old Outback that's been wrecked twice and has 150,000 miles on it. Right.

And service is corrupt there. Only went in for recalls and still get pitched $90 cabin air filter service.

Reply to
cable_shill

I get crap too but never like this. How could they all of a sudden discover a problem when I was just there and they said all was fine. If a recall notice, they would have said so plus time involved.

As a senior, I am driving few miles and when I was in there mentioned this and service writer said they had a service program for vehicles driven few miles. I told him that was BS.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The missus took her Subie to the selling dealer for scheduled maintenance-- the Owner's Manual calling for an oil and oil filter change, tire rotation and cabin air filter replacement.

I told her to skip the $90 cabin air ripoff-- which I did in 5 minutes (including unloading/reloading the glove box junk) installing a high quality $17 major brand aftermarket filter. I also told her to skip the tire rotation as she'd only driven 2400 miles since the last one and would probably drive about the same mileage until the next service was due-- so it wasn't needed now .

About two weeks after the dealer visit, she gets a warning letter from them saying she'd better bring her SUV in pronto as two critical maintenance items weren't done and the vehicle's performance and longevity could be adversely impacted!

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Looks like you are getting the same crap I got from my dealer. Have not heard from mine since I emailed him back to tell me what he considered a problem.

I doubt if Subaru would condone this behavior but dealers are independent entities.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Got another annoying email yesterday with my name and car but it looked like a blanket letter sent out by the dealership to all its buyers. Very annoying and prompts me, after expiration of warranty period, to go elsewhere for service since they want to milk us.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Looking around at the area under work (drain plug, filter) hardly qualifies as checking everything. They might not even notice a torn CV boot unless they're looking. A full inspection is unlikely to be free. Before I buy a used car, I take it to my favorite car shop that charges $120 for a full inspection.

If "note" means you got something in your postal mailbox, just toss it with the other junk.

If "note" means you got an e-mail, did you look at the headers to see if the From and Received headers show it was your dealer, or from someone they contract to send out mailings? If someone else, filter them out.

Reply to
VanguardLH

Just looking at my receipt with multi-point inspection form they cite three areas of interior-exterior, under-hood and under-vehicle and in the latter mention boots. Funny though that they check tire rotation which was not done. When I paid the service writer mentioned it too but I told her I did not order it and they did not charge for it and she said since most people do it her comment was force of habit.

These were emails that I tossed but should have taken a better look at the source.

Reply to
invalid unparseable