Any tranny masters?

Okay...heres my deal..

I ordered an auto trans for my 1995 Impreza outback wagon. (2.2 awd) from a place that imports them from Japan... I recieved it today, but the numbers on the tranny match a 1998 Legacy 2.5 according to the subaru dealer.

Is it possible they both use the same transmission? I don't really want to pay to have the old trans taken out, just to have it put back in. The guy at the place I got it (Japan engines inc out of california) sounded pretty confident it was the right one, but eh... I guess I'm just nervous.

Thanks!

Reply to
John Reece

I'm not a tranny expert, but I'm confident that's the one. The Legacy and Impreza are more similar than people think. In fact I think all the late model auto Subarus use that transmission.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

Trans came with a bigger converter and flywheel, as well as a different shift actuator. We swapped the actuator, but are keeping the same converter/flywheel... The guy at the place I got it assured me that I wouldn't have any starter problems... we'll see about that.

Now I am just waiting for a couple seals that of course the dealer here doesn't stock... If everything goes right, I'll have it tommorow evening..

John Reece wrote:

Reply to
John Reece