Anyone know anything about these "Permafinish" folks?

As with a lot of things, it sounds good upfront, but I'm wondering if anyone here has either direct or indirect knowledge of the product.

-Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

So when you got an estimate from them, how much were they going to charge you? There's no point of discussing their protection unless you know the cost to compare it against, say, taking it to a shop to have it clear coated.

Reply to
Vanguard

Have no idea. I only came across the reference to the website from a link. And as you can tell from their site, they don't *specify* the cost due to vehicle size/surface area and condition of the finish.

All I know is that the one dealer they mention offers it as a $399 flat charge option on their (pre-owned) vehicles.

Hard to quantify, which is why I was hoping someone might know if it is a waste or a genuinely good product.

Reply to
S.Lewis

How much does a shop's clear coat cost?

Reply to
John Rethorst

Permafinish can hem and haw all they want to avoid quoting prices. They could provide a list of car type or even a list of models to show prices so you could find yours or find one that was nearly the same to figure out the cost. You could call them and tell them what is the car you want them to treat to get a quote. After all, you can call auto body shops and get over-the-phone quotes to see what a clear coat will cost.

Reply to
Vanguard