armrest for Outback 2000?

I really like driving my recently purchased Outback'00 wagon except for one thing - lack of armrest. I believe all of them are equipped with so called "Center armrest with storage " but it does not seem usable to me, i.e. I can't use it for right arm support while holding the steering wheel. I got used to having this support on my old accord. (this picture may give you an idea of what I need

anyone know if it is possible to get or purchase something similarfor outback?

Thanks a lot, Oleg.

Reply to
_AWDfan_

Would it get in the way in an emergency maneuver?

Reply to
B a r r y

My 2000 Forester had the "factory storage" thing which was useless as an armrest. I purchased their accessory armrest extension which works well. It was over priced and should have been a no cost option. You should try to find one on eBay or maybe someone will chime in here.

Reply to
Edward Hayes