AT question/problems?

I have an '99 legacy outback w/ 94 Kmiles w/ automatic transmission. Recently, after I had the fluid changed at the dealer I noticed the car is slipping back when I stop at traffic light (on an incline). It does that both in drive and in reverse. I'm pretty sure it did not do that before.

How bad is that? I hope I'm not looking at a new trany :-(

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Dan Chirica

I hope the dealer used Dexron 2 or 3 and the fluid level is full. Did a Subaru dealer do the work or some other?? eddie

Reply to
Edward Hayes

The dealer did the work. As about the level it seams full to me. Though, I could never get a real measurement. Every time I pull the deep stick out the fluid is all over it, regardless of how long I wait for it to settle (with the deep stick out) before taking another measurement.

Thanks for your answer. Dan.

Edward Hayes wrote:

Reply to
Dan Chirica

The fluid level in an automatic is checked with the engine running as per the owners manual. eddie

Reply to
Edward Hayes