Avg Life of an Engine and Transmission???

what is the avg life of an engine and automatic transmission in a car like a subaru impreza? I know it varies but if anyone can give an educated guess-timate that would be great. OR is there a web site that might have this info. Also, what is the average cost for a rebuilt engine (installed) and a rebuilt automatic transmision (installed).

Reply to
kramer

200-300k for the engine though mine crapped out at 155k; ~150k for the tranny if you drive like I do :-)

~$4k for the engine $1.6k for the tranny if they have to rebuild it themselves less if they can get a rebuilt tranny from someone else

In the Nothern California.

Reply to
Apu

I always get rid of mine at about 300,000 miles and 8-10 years but at that point they still work fine. 2.2 liter auto trans.TG

Reply to
TG

I don't know but a fellow Subaru owner was parked next to me yesterday and I asked her how she liked her car. She said she was going to take it in for transmission trouble. Car looked fairly new but it has 144,000 miles on it. She said she loves the car. Personally, I don't drive that much, and if I get those kind of miles on my new Forester, it may be the last car I ever buy. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo