Back Seat Cargo Net for '03 OBW

Can I use a Back Seat Cargo Net in my '03 OBW? I.E., are there hooks or something to attach it to on the sides? The close-up or description don't show exactly how it's held in place.

Since we'll rarely use the backseat for people, I want to remove the backrow headrests so I have a better view out the rear/side windows. I was going to store the headrests in the cargo net so they'd be handy if I needed them. Don't want the cargo net that goes across the back opening, as then I'd have to always put it up and down to let the dog in and out.

Reply to
M. Baker

I happen to be selling one of these on eBay because I never used it on my Baja. It has four spring loaded hooks at each corner which are designed to fasten to mounting hardware located at the four corners of the Baja's bed. These cargo nets are made to fit. Unless your OBW has similar mounting points, I doubt you can use this without additional rope, bungee cords, etc...

Jay M VA, USA

2003 Baja Sport5p
Reply to
jMon54

Thanks.

I just got an email back from one of the online Subaru parts places...they said the backseat cargo net can only be used on the '05 and newer. The older ones must not have the hooks/mounting points on the inside walls.

This sucks. Every accessory I find that I want, I can't get because "they didn't make that for the 2003 model year..." Armrest Extender - not available Backseat Cargo Net - not available Cargo Mat in a material similar to the All-Weather Floor Mats - not available...

Sounds like I bought a crappy year for accessories...

Reply to
M. Baker

I have an 01 which should be very close to the 03.

My cargo net attached to 4 plastic T-like thingees that are screwed into the plastic trim. They're T like, except bend the sides of the T downward a bit. I don't know if they came with the net kit, or exist on the car already.

Wonder if plundering a salvage yard might bear some fruit?

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

This is on a '00 not an '03, so may not be the same (but I doubt it).

Look under the mat/cargo liner in the front and back corners. You'll find rectangular plastic rings hiding just under the edges that flip up. The rest is obvious. You may want to hook to the socket for the rear rollcover at the front.

One "redneckey" but effective option: Get an assortment of bungee cords and some bigger tupperware-type containers. Run a cross-bungee setup using a ring between the crosses at the front of the cargo area to hold them. Works for me! (I use 2 large stacked and 2 medium stacked).

Reply to
nobody >

Some folks have built there own armrest risers. If you are a DIT'er at all, you could dismantle the present one and perhaps find a way to inset stand-offs or wood blocks under the top piece.

I dunno - some folks who get the soob extenders say the forward extension is too much and bothers them when shifting.

Dunno why the Legacy wagon extender wouldn't work on the OBW.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan