Cargo net on a 4runner

Anyone know how the cargo net attaches on a 99 4runner. I just ordered one and the cargo tie downs on the cargo floor seem logical for the bottom, but what does the top connect to ?

Reply to
Mike S

The "top" connects to the other cargo hooks on the bottom (there's 4.) If you're wanting the net to cinch up to the backs of the back seat, try looping the "top" to the knobs you use to fold the seat backs forward. I use the four cargo hooks on the floor for my net, and just slide things I don't want shifting underneath the net, works dandy for me. When I don't need the net, it's got a thick blanket over it to keep things from snagging it. I also use the forward two hooks to secure the top tethers of the kids' high back booster seats.

-- Dee

Note: please remove all pre-flight tags before replying via email.

----------

Reply to
Pookerz

I think I'm thinking of a different cargo net, the one that is kinda like a pouch and attaches by the rear liftgate. You can put stuff in it, or use it top prevent stuff from falling out the back when you open up the liftgate.

Reply to
Mike S

You will probably have to install some clips through the plastic trim to attach the upper clips to then. We used a regular cargo net to do something similar in the trunk of our old Prism. The net came with little adhesive pads which were useless, so (memory failing here) we rigged some way of tying it in with cord. I think we ran the cords up under the fender since our trunk was stripped bare, and there was some metal bracings to tie it to. It's been so long.

I'd run the attachment through the plastic panel to something more secure behind it, or else you'll risk breaking those confounded little clips that hold the plastic on. You can carefully take the panels out to see if there's anything to attach it to behind there. You might also find some screw-hole covers that match your truck to cover any drill holes in the plastic when the net isn't installed. Just my 2 cents. Dee

Reply to
Pookerz

Thanks, since I posted the question, I bought one and it comes with clips for the upper attachment. It requires drilling through the rear side panels, but pretty simple and clean, and it makes the attaching clips very secure.

Reply to
Mike S