Bland, Boring Colors

I noticed that most new cars just come in a small selection of very bland, dull, colors. Do most people like this or are there a lot of people like me who are not satisfied with those colors? The only current Subaru color I might find acceptable is bronze, and I'm not even sure about that one. However, I noticed that Mini Cooper has about a dozen colors, and most of them are bright, fun colors. That's more like what I want. If Mini can do this, why can't other car manufacturers? I've heard people say it costs more money to offer more colors, but I don't think it would cost a fortune. I think it's more a case of manufacturers trying to cut costs down to the bone and squeezing every penny, rather than saving a large amount of money.

Reply to
GreatArtist

GreatArtist wrote in news:1d978bae-ee7f-47fb-b6ef- snipped-for-privacy@n14g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

I agree with this. I think the manufacturers are thinking that if there are only a few colors available that's less trouble for them, and that people will buy the cars anyway.

Reply to
Larry Weil

The paint shop is a very expensive area of the assembly plant and is the major source of pollution/emissions. Paints are expensive and transition of colors causes some loss. I agree with your comments on colors as wife almost did not buy our last Forester based on color. She settled for silver and now loves it. Color trends change and there are people that track them and manufacturers act accordingly.

Reply to
Frank