Bosch Platinum+4

Does anybody use the Bosch Platinum+4 plugs. It is time to put a new set of plugs in my OB. I put a lot of highway miles on my car, so if they are truly better, I am interested. I am curious if anybody has real world experience with these plugs (I already have opionions). Any insight would be appreciated.

jb

Reply to
Jack

I did try these and was not very happy with engine performance, but that was at the time when I was trying to resolve my engine ping problem. I think its heat range is not so good for Subaru (my) engine. So I went to couple of Subaru car shops and everybody was suggesting NGK as the best choice for Subaru.

I >Does anybody use the Bosch Platinum+4 plugs. It is time to put a new

Reply to
Voja

No real world experience since I've had a few folks warn against them because they run so damned hot, and I'd sure hate to have to get someone to bore a plug out of the engine wall that decided to fuse itself in.

If you post which vehicle you're contemplating putting them in, there's bound to be folks using them though.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Hi,

My real world experience w/ platinum plugs is limited to my V-6 Camry. But I've tried non-platinum Bosch plugs in just about every other car I've had, both Japanese and European, including my Subie. I first learned about NGK in 1970, and even though I still occasionally stray from the fold out of curiosity, I always come back to them. Hint, hint!

I've yet to find ANY plug on the market that outperforms NGK, and only Champion has underperformed Bosch IME (considering plug life, heat range, as in pinging if it gets just a little too hot for the plug, and sticking in heads, a potentially costly consideration w/ aluminum.) I'd stick w/ NGK for your Subie. Naturally, YMMV.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

I wouldn't bother experimenting. I replaced the factory plugs at about 85K miles and they looked new. Use Subaru-recommended plugs.

Reply to
Jim Stewart