"Bucking" & Check engine light question

My 2002 Impreza went through several minutes of "bucking" and then the check engine light came on and stayed without flashing. According to my manual it is probably a catalytic converter problem. Something does not seem right about that conclusion. Before I go to the dealer I wonder what you folks think. Thanks Greta

Reply to
Greta

My 2003 OBS did something similar a few years ago. It was almost die pulling out of the driveway, CEL would flash, but after a few harrowing moments, it would settle down and CEL would eventually go away. It was a cylinder mis-fire code. Tech eventually just lubed the spark plug wire connections, and problem has been gone ever since.

Reply to
Chico

Well, $362.94 later at Subaru dealer it turned out to be "oxygen/air fuel ratio sensor" Greta

Reply to
Greta