bulb replacement

Does anyone know where I can find some bulbs to replace the burnt ones in the heater control modules? Subaru wants $10 a piece. That would be $30 total. Doesn't seem worth it. I tried a salvage yard but the ones I found were also burnt. Please let me know.

Reply to
tabipapa

NAPA, Autozone, Schucks, etc., et al.

Where do you live, somebody may have better information for you.

Replacements will probably be clear. Getting the green cover off the old bulbs tends not to go so well. You can always color the new bulbs with magic marker or something.

~Brian

Reply to
Brian

In the past, I've read of a Radio Shack bulb that can be used as a replacement. Try a SEARCH for that at

Or an online dealer should have them -

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thanks for the info Carl. I did a search earlier today that resulted in the same thing you said. The RS P/N is 272-1092 and they work just fine. All that was needed was a little work to replace the bulbs in the socket. Thanks again.

Pete

Reply to
tabipapa

Glad it worked out!