Replacement bulbs for A/C control on 95 Maxima

Hoping someone might know a source for the incandescent bulbs on the A/C control backlight. The size is approximately T-1 1/4 and it's a wire terminal mount. The plastic pcb holder/mount the bulb fits into can be reused.

Thanks.

Reply to
Pat

Your local dealer is the best bet. They can definitely get the bulbs/parts. When you order from the dealer, the part includes the plastic holder/base, so you just pop the old assemblys out and replace with new ones.

These bulbs are not cheap. I had to replace 2 of mine and paid about

5 bucks per bulb.

I have the automatic climate control - so if you need the Nissan part number for those bulbs let me know. I do not know if the manual control uses the same bulb, but based on your description, it is of the same type.

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE, 123k
Reply to
njmodi

Thanks Nirav.

Yes, my local Nissan dealer wants $8.29 each and I need all 4. Chicago Miniature has a similar bulb at $.55, but minimum qty is 1000.

I'll keep searching. I can't justify ~$30 for 4 bulbs. I'll do the LED mod before that.

Reply to
Pat

Radio Shack

Reply to
JimV

And you paid what for the car? :-)

Have you tried courtesy nissan?

And you'll spend how much time and money doing that?

Not trying to be a REAL SA but just seems odd to me to go to THIS much trouble over $30 for some bulbs that will last 10+ years..

Reply to
Steve T

Have you tried Radio Shack?

Bobby

Reply to
NoNoBadDog!

It appears the lamp assy is known as neo-wedge. I've found a few mfg's, JKL, Chicago Miniature, but no exact size matches.

Bulb #7219 is a close match and the price is right.... $0.35 ea.

*606CM7219*&N=0&crc=true Tried Radio Shack a while back, no luck.

Courtesy Nissan quoted $2.91 ea, much better.

Reply to
Pat