door replacement

I purchased a door from a 99 Outback to replace mine on a 96 Legacy. Questions: Will it normally fit? I installed it but it seems a little tight/hard when I close the door. Is there an easy way to adjust without going to the dealer? The door looks the same the only thing is the pin stripe is a little off but it is better than a rusty door. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
tabipapa

I couldn't say for sure if the doors are the same, but if you were able to physically mount it, and get it to close, pretty good chance that they are. Perhaps try some chalk around where the rubber seals seat to be sure they are lining up OK, or just listen for obnoxious wind noise while driving. Wind noise up by the rear-view mirror, or around the window glass can usually be eliminated by adjusting the window track (a pain, but do-able), any place else probably indicates a mismatch in door profile.

The door closure is adjusted by moving the strike (metal hoop on frame) in or out. I think it takes a large Torx bit to loosen it, and do be sure to get it tight after adjustment.

Hope this helps.

ByeBye! S.