Buy the "Cheap and Ugly" Subaru 360

When it came time to introduce the Subaru 360 to the American public in 1968, this set of commercials calling the car cheap and ugly was released. Neither the advertising campaign nor the Subaru 360 was particularly well received. More » Read More:

----------------------------------- Subaru NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

The little su-BAR-u...

Reply to
Hachiroku

It was advertised on the late night scary movie show here in Pittsburgh. Chilly Billy on Chiller Theater seemed to have no idea of what to say about the car. He would throw his hand up in the air and howl su-Buh-ROOOOO.

This may have played a small part in me buying one about a half- century later.

Nils K. Hammer

Reply to
synthius2002

We didn't have a lot of Soobs around here then. I had a '74 Corolla 1200. About 12 years ago someone had a 360 a few blocks away. Since I LOVE quirky Japanese cars, I WANT one!

I'd like to have the van, too!

Reply to
Hachiroku