Buying Advice needed: Forester

After long and careful consideration, I have made the decision that our next car will be a Forester. It will only be the third in my town!

I will have to buy 2nd hand and need to know whether there are any known issues to look out for. (Looking at 2002 Xel). Also, please give information on any negatives I might expect. I have based my purchasing decision on Subaru's proven superior engineering, reliability and safety, and their quirky individuality. Also in South Africa they are cheap to maintain. I know that there are some quality issues regarding the interior, some wind noise and apparently some indifferent dealers.

Any info will be much appeciated. Looking forward to becoming a proud Scooby owner.

Reply to
André Conradie

Get a manual !

Transmission, that is.