BRZ

Hi,

So I saw and sat in .... BRZ a few days ago. One of a local dealears has it currently on the display. First impression inside and outside is - it is awesome. The way the dashboard, climate controls are layout is perfect. A bit rigid but feels and looks highend. Seats are comfortable and supportive as well. Under the hood all seems to be well designed and laid out. The engine is badged as Toyota and Subaru though.

The only thing I really did not like was a weird leather loop clipped on the seat next to head rest, supposedly to hold seat belts.

And now a wish list or rather what prevents me to buy one. I really want it to be even lighter. Let's be honest but 2800# is really not light weight for this size. Also here in USA, for such a car I want to have not more not less but 250HP just to keep up with Mustangs on even F150s on the highway. Before I even knew about BRZ I test drove Miata. Sorry, but 7s for 0-60 does not cut it for me.

Best, A.

Reply to
wide open

They Wanna Have A War To Stop Us Buying Japanese They Wanna Have A War To Stop Industrial Disease

mini is not lightweight at 2700 lbs. I have difficulty seeing how you could have a mass produced sub 2700 car in the states and avoid lawsuits.

Lest we not forget airbags'n similar shit originally meant to give the detrua monsters a fighting chance against the onslaught of the imports. That safety shit weighs A TON.

Gotta keep the regulators happy. have a war for oil every once in a while to accelerate all that shit. Buy a banana republic in south america to keep rubber coming in to stop all that safety shit.

Well, RX-8 crowd gotta have options now that RX-8 is a bit dated. You'd have to make do with your mustang. The rest of us will get brz, checking account permitting.

I'd wait for highly assymmetric permanent awd with an active rear diff.

80% rear axle bias would be perfect for me.

Maybe 100% power in rwd mode standard with an optional part time fwd that could be disabled with a button on the console for spring through fall operation.

hello 325xi

being kids burdened now and seeing the real winter(tm) I'd rather see a fartster replacement on that platform though. As I don't want to pay $$$$$ for X1 or X3.

With XV selling for $30k+ here in urop I don't think there'd be another subaru for me anytime soon. with a price tag like that germans all of a sudden seem reasonably priced.

I'm not sure if it's bargain priced or realistically priced in the states but I'm pretty sure noone would pay $30000+ for impreza xv or bare bones fartster in the states.

Anyhow, some people here like subaru enough to get it despite the unreasonably high price tag when new and exorbitant parts prices.

The parts for suzuki boleno that uses awd setup licensed from subaru are likewise priced higher than anyone is expected to pay for compact car parts.

As you'd expect you don't see a lot of bolenos running around this neck of wood.

Reply to
AD

earlier version Miata and MR2 SPyder are 2200#s

it is not going to happen.

barf

Speaking of prices - Toyota announced prices for their "BRZ" $24k - 4 too much :-(

A.

Reply to
wide open