Check engine light: one of cylinders isn't fireing

I just had a "check engine" light turn on in my '03 WRX wagon. It has 27,000 miles on it. Took it in and the dealer wants to keep it a couple of days. Said one cylindar wasn't firing properly. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this type of problem? If it is to be worked on for a couple of days, aren't we looking at some major engine work (versus a computer chip replacement)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kim

Reply to
Kim Groves

  • Coil pack
  • Plug/plug wire

They just might want to do more diagnosis...my CEL came on a while back for a misfire in 3/4, replaced the coil pack and 3/4 plug wires. Then I got a CEL for a misfire in 1/2, replaced plug wires for 1/2. My CEL has now been on/off (on for a few days, off for a few) for about a week or two, haven't had time to plug it into the laptop but I'll betcha it's another misfire.

Craig

Reply to
ct