Checking 95 Legacy L "Check Engine" Code

I've seen others mention about getting the specific error code from the computer when the Check Engine light appears. It came on this evening on my mom's Legacy and I'm wondering what the procedure is for checking that on hers.

Reply to
Bradley Walker

It depends. Some 95 Subarus were OBDII, in which case the code must be read with a scanner. Autozone does free OBDII scans so this is an option if you have one nearby. If the car is OBDI, an OBDII scanner can not be used and you must follow the procedures that can be found here if you want to read the code yourself-

mulder

The only way to read the codes in my now defunct Legacy 95 was with an OBD scanner.

If you are anyway near Ft Lauderdale FL, I have the scanner and I will read your codes.

Good luck!

Bradley Walker wrote:

Reply to
AS