Disable factory alarm/keyless entry on 2003 Impreza

We're just installing an aftermarket alarm in an '03 Impreza WRX and the owner would like the factory alarm and keyless entry system "disconnected". I'm thinking we should be able to get away with simply disabling it... but how to do that?

Also, does anyone have an actual wiring schematic for this car, preferably as a PDF? We're having a bitch of a time trying to find out where to tie into the trunk switch for an alarm trigger...

Reply to
soundy

You can get the factory manuals from Subaru here-

$34.95 subscription gives you 72 hours to download whatever manualsections you need in pdf files. It does take a while and you need abroadband connection. You may find the manuals on Ebay as well, but those are unauthorizedcopies so be aware. The ones from the Subaru tech site are the realdeal and guaranteed to be correct and up to date. Do you know if the car actually has the factory alarm, or just thekeyless entry? Keyless was standard but the alarm was an option, notall WRXs have it. If the car has the alarm you will see the additionalsecurity horn on the passenger strut tower under the hood. The alarmmodule is located under the center console, next to the e-brake.Removing the module will eliminate the alarm. The keyless module islocated elsewhere, someplace under/behind the dash IIRC.

Reply to
mulder

Dang, I was hoping for something free... I've found all the manuals for my '87 Accord free online ;) Probably won't have much need for it after this, so it seems like a lot for just a single use.

Hmmm, good question re: the alarm vs. just keyless... I know it blasts the horn if you open the door after locking it, but that's not necessarily an "alarm". Not hard to check for the module though, I guess. The keyless module is, in fact, right at the left end of the dash, just under the overhang of the top section when you pull the lower cover off.

Thanks for the info! Now all that's left is to figure out where to tie in the trunk trigger...

Reply to
clubphatpower

Reply to
clubphatpower