Click when auto shifts

I recently purchased a 2001 Forester (50k miles) with an automatic. When it shifts from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd, there is a noticeable (but not loud) click. It sounds like a worn universal joint slapping together. Is this a normal sound for a Subaru? Thanks! Rick

Reply to
Rick

Not from my experience. I have 192,000 miles on my car and i just now have started hearing a click once in a while when turning.

paul J

Reply to
Paul

Reply to
Edward Hayes

My 03 Forester clicks to - most noticable on the down shift, but super annoying anyways.

Reply to
Anonymous

'05 XT (12000 miles), no clicks at all.

Reply to