Common problems with '01 OBW?

I got this car a year ago today, 36k miles, well-maintained, and have been very happy with it. While looking for something else, the dealer found a leaking head gasket and replaced it under the extended warranty. Glad he found it since there were no symptoms. Are there any other typical problems for that model and year I should look for? Thanks,

Reply to
John Rethorst

As long as you understand the importance of not mixing sizes of tires I think you're good to go. Do you have the manual? Be sure to pay attention to the parts about changing flats and having the car towed.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

The one I sold had inadequate brakes and a crappy clutch.

The clutch is a known issue.

Reply to
Bonehenge

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Reply to
Paul Harding

Bloody hell! Are you towing a house? My Subie clutches typically do 125 -

150,000km, including towing and lots of hills, traffic & enjoyment.

Unless there's a driver issue, I'd suspect a seriously incorrect clutch adjustment, a massive load on board most of the time, or drag racing! .. or your Mother in Law must be huge.... :-)

Fuel consumption is my *only* complaint and that depends what you're comparing it to anyway! Rotate your tyres at *each* service. Cheers

Reply to
hippo