Common way of quoting or ?

(1) Your sale price is $26,353 plus fees, and then take off another $1,500 for rebate giving you a net price of $24,853.

Does the word "fees" in the "$26,353 plus fees" means docs fees ($45)+ licensing fees (2% for CA?)?

Is there other fees aside from doc fees and licensing fees he's putting? Is this way of quoting common and legal?

(2) Another dealer quote was written like this:

msrp $ 28,531 your price $ 25,999 - $1500 rebate total price after discount and rebate $ 24,499 + fees

Reply to
amanda992004

FFS buy the bloody car and leave us alone

Reply to
Bugalugs

Just ask the salesman what it means. Geez.

Reply to
Ragnar

She's a real pain in the ass but like a soap opera, you have to watch to see what she will do next ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

I predict she'll have a hissy about which color to get. Will it be white, or blue?

Reply to
Ragnar

I'd guess green, cuz by the time she gets thru getting her knickers in a knot about the white and blue ones, they'll all be sold and the only salesperson left who'll bother to talk to her only has a green one. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be a Chevy, too...

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

You're giving her an idea for a new thread ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

No doubt she will want a yellow one..to match the stripe down her back. Her sister should pick the color, SHE is paying for it.........

Good 'ol Amanda......the one with the "Dixie-Dumpster" vagina....... Degree.....HAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT! she has a mattress strapped to her back.

Reply to
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

Just ask your salesperson for the "total out the door price" broken down by line item. In California state sales tax is around 8% (varies by county) which is a couple grand for your example, if that is where you are. Happy Shopping!

Reply to
speednxs

Ratis, don't you feel threatened now that so many of them are OPENLY competing for your position: THE troll?

Reply to
amanda992004

After being vauge in his answer, the guy finally explicitly said that this state require tax and licensing on Rebate.

Gee people, it doesn't take much to become a troll, doest it?

And those of you, who thinks there will be no 2005 legacy GT left for me, know that I have enough dealers now responding much more positively.

I haven't used usenet for long and not continuoulsy but I have developed thick skin enough to ignore what needs to be ignored. I admit that I was a bit off guard and so got REALLY p***sed off with Ratis with his offensive response from the very beginning. I wasn't expecting that in this kind of ng. The fact that he wasn't rid off is proof that he has his fan in this ng. Even some of his critics seem to be his SECRET fan and imitiating him. Believe me. Nothing surprises me these days.

Reply to
amanda992004

Actually, it seems you've worked rather diligently at it.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

And you're doing fine at it.

Reply to
Ragnar

Thanks. I would ask him to do that. Last night, the fleet manager who gave the above quote had emailed me saying that he would give me special price. That's quite positive, I would say.

Yes, it's 7.75% here and 2% for licensing.

Thanks. Just a while ago before logging in, I decided to just enjoy the buying (and the selling of my old car) and told myself that everything would just work out fine at the right place at the right time as they always do.

Reply to
amanda992004