What the heck? (New front ends)

Okay, I *was* planning to buy an STi sometime this fall when I finished getting the funds together for it... but now I see they are doing that Tribeca theme on the front end. Frankly, if Subaru is trying to make their cars look that hideous they are going to cost a lot of customers. I don't mind the extra sculpting in the hood, but the nose of it? Bleah.. they finally get it right and now they want to go and mess it up again.

On the lighter side, I may be abe to get a great deal on an '05 leftover unless everyone else is thinking the same way. AFAIK there are not going to be any mechanical upgrades, just cosmetic?

Reply to
DragonRider

The politically correct term for the looks of the Tribeca is "bold styling". Whatever...

I'm with ya', brother.

Reply to
B a r r y

Gee, the Tribeca looks ok to me. Doesn't look any worse than the Nissan Murano. I don't much care for the curved dash, especially the radio setup - makes it impossible to put in an aftermarket stereo.

Fortunately, it's not the sort of vehicle I need. The OBW fits my driving purposes perfectly.

Reply to
BobN

FWIW, Subaru claims that the new front grill is supposed to invoke an aircraft theme. The middle snout is supposed to be the fuselage and the sides are the wings. I can see it in the design but I don't think they executed it very well.

Reply to
Santos L. Halper

It looks like a FAT COW to me, similar to a few other ugly cars.

Reply to
Moon Guy

The Murano is another FAT COW ugly vehicle IMO.

Reply to
Moon Guy