Dead Digital Dash on my '84 Subaru Turbo Wagon

I have a 1984 Subaru Turbo Wagon that runs great and only has 130,000 miles. A few weeks ago the Digital Dash Display module (Speedpmeter, Gas Guage, Temp Guage, Trip Compter, Clock, etc) smoked and went dark. I took apart the dash and several traces are burned away on the printed circuit board. Does any one know where I can get schematics or if I can replace the digital with a standard mechanical speedometer? thanks in advance

Reply to
Bob Durstenfeld

Why not just get a second hand one that works. Or even pay for a new one. Shit man don't make it harder that it needs to be.

Reply to
Pete D

I have a 84 GL-10 that I had fixed the digital dash on once already. I had blown a power resistor and some zapped tracks on the circuit board. Also had to replace the trip computer with another one I picked up second hand. That fix lasted for 80,000 miles and about 6 years but last weekend I blew a diode on the top left corner of the main instrument panel board.

Can anyone tell me what diode or color bands are on that diode? If I can get the color bands I should be able to replace the diode and be back up and running. The diode has the identification #D13 on the circuit board next to its position. All I have left of the diode is the color Grey with one band left which is black in color.

The other option is does anyone have a digital dash for a 84 GL-10 that they would like to sell? Any help is greatly appreciated. Dave

Reply to
DaveBaldwin