Driving in Russia - OT

OT maybe but besides alcohol being involved AWD might have helped some:

Frank

Not likely, there was Subaru Legacy involved in one of those montages.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Missed that one. Roads looked slick and icy and I like to tell folks that AWD drive does not help stopping as all cars have brakes on all wheels. Subaru ABS might have helped though.

Reply to
Frank

Borat: If this car drive into a group of gypsies, will there be any damage to the car? Car Dealership owner: It depends on how hard you hit them and all that. Borat: *Hard* Car Dealership owner: You might-if somebody rolls on the windshield, they could crack your windshield. Borat: How fast do I need to go to guarantee I kill them? Car Dealership owner: Uh-let me tell you something with this vehicle here probably doing 35-45 miles per hour will do it.

Reply to
AD

and here's the proverbial guy who "saved" on rubber for the rear axle

spun on highway and went right under an oncoming 5 ton truck.

the front had winter tires (article did not specify which variety). The rear had bolding summers.

both driver and the passenger died on the scene

Reply to
AD

No, you were the fifth Beetle ... but VW turned down your design. ;-)

VW New Zealand is running a competition to win one of the new Beetles by "Beetleing" - sort of like planking, you have to use your body to make a Beetle shape in public places.

Your Name

the body on that page looks good even in my book. (And I hate new age Beetle with passion).

btw looks like that link in the original post is no longer valid. I do hate flash more than I hate vw beetle.

Reply to
AD

It's possible the competition has closed ... Flash doesn't work on my old computer, so I can't check the links

Reply to
Your Name