EA81 pushrod installation

there is a "knurled" end, according to the manual I have this is only to indicate the length (and engine type, 1600/1800) of the pushrod..

but I put the pushrods next to eachother, with knurled ends at opposite ends, and the cap , or "nipple" on the end of the rod is longer on one tube than the other...

do I install knurled ends to the direction of cam followers, or to the direction of rocker arms?

Rich

Reply to
aiiadict

I looked in the factory manual (maybe that's what you have as well?), and no mention of a preferred direction for these. I suspect the differences you are seeing are due to wear. You might look real closely at the rocker arms and lifters to see if a pattern exists. Probably not real critical in any event. Anyway, some time ago, I scanned the engine section of an '84 DL/GL service manual, and put it on my server. If it's of any use to you, go here and help your self; individual pages, or the whole thing in one large zip. Half are upside down, just the way they came off the scanner. Sorry, use your image viewer to rotate 'em if it matters.

ByeBye! S.