Electrical problem

My wife had her 1995 Legacy detailed today and when she got back she noticed the brake lights remained on. Has anyone had this problem, or know of the reason this happened. By the way, I couldn't find a visible problem so we dumped it at the dealer.

Reply to
George K

If this car is like mine and other Subies, it's got that parking light switch on top of the steering column. Very easy to hit when cleaning the dash. hasn't happened to me but many folks complain about it on the USMB forum.

Did you notice the front lights on too?

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

George K wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I HOPE this is what happened because it's an easy fix. Do you not think its possible a coworker/stranger mentioned the lights in the back to his wife, calling them brake lights, followed by a concern to get something done about it right away? Might be possible to miss the front marker lights being on(at least in daylight) if all your attention was focused on the back. Plus, I doubt MY wife knows what her own brake lights look like.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

T> Hi,

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

You were right. And the amber turn signals were also lit...thanks for your help!

Reply to
George K