eyesight good?

Is eyesight system as good as it sounds?

Reply to
tr

tr:

I don't know how good it sounds, but yes, "Eyesight" is good for maintaining distance from the vehicle in front of you in cruise control and for warning of a line crossing. Of course, it gives you that warning whether you want it or not, but it's not terribly intrusive and one gets used to it.

Reply to
Davoud

Are you saying that it beeps every time you change lanes? Or does it know when you've activated the turn lights and thus are changing lanes intentionally?

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

"Davoud" wrote

My eyesight is good, yes, but I need eyeglasses or contact lenses to make it so.

My new Legacy, due to arrive within a month or so, is equipped with Eyesight. I hope I never get to try it out.

Reply to
Howard Lester

The adaptive cruise control that Eyesight enables is a godsend on a long trip. When traffic temporarily slows down, instead of having to cancel cruise control, it slows the car down to match the car ahead until traffic gets back up to speed.

The lane departure warning can be annoying. It doesn't sound if you use your turn indicators. If I take a tight line though a corner and cross the shoulder line I don't need an alert. Also it can false if in a construction zone with old lane markings or if there are two many patch lines on the asphalt that resemble lines.

FYI, on my 2014 Legacy, Eyesight will auto disable when driving into the setting sun. This appears to disable cruise control as well.

Jim

Reply to
Jim