Followup: tires and wheel bearings and noise

Hi All,

Got my four new Yokohama Avid Ascend LX P225/60 R16 tires installed and all four of my wheel bearings changed yesterday.

The road noise in now only about 10% higher than the rental car at high speed. Down about 200%. Yippee!

Most of the noise now in wind on the windows seals, which are in good shape.

Thank you all for the help and tips!

Here is something odd: with my new Yoko's, I have a tighter turning radius than I ever remember. Huh ....

-T

YMMV (imagine that, in an auto newsgroup)

My OB came with those Yoko Avid tires installed. Hated them. Slightest scrub on a curb - bam! there's a sidewall blister.

1/2 inch woodscrew in the tread - bam again! Blowout on freeway.

Need I mention that Subaru rule about tires being the same diameter on all 4 wheels?

Nope, tired (hah!) of buying tires, asked the shop what's a tougher tire, got some Hankooks. They wear like iron.

Reply to
Bo Dacious

Are they loud?

I cant tell any difference.