Forester making "chirping" sound

I have a 2006 Forester XT 5 spd manual. I have put about 4500 km on it. I have just recently noticed that the clutch is making a "chirping" or squeaking noise as I release it while starting on a steep grade. Any thoughts?

Reply to
DMH

Hill hold. Get used to it. And get used to driveline shunt and crunches if it's a manual - i have an 02 FXS that has all the same "quirks".

FYI, your gusset windows *will* start leaking air and hissing at 70KPH+. Probably pop up when it's 2-2.5 years old. Just make sure you push the doors shut by using the door, if you shut the doors using the window you can only expect 6-12 months before it starts hissing.

-mark

Reply to
mark jb