Fuel leaks '02 WRX UK

Any known issues? Mine started losing fuel somewhere in the engine bay driver's side front yesterday, not visible but very smellable! Subaru Assistance mechanic couldn't find it so it's a recovery job to my dealer. Terrific... and out of warranty. Glad I was on a very short trip when it happened and got it home without fireballing! After 10 years of Subaru ownership this is the first ever problem so I can't really bitch.

Reply to
Clive

Was the outside temperature on the cold side? This is a well-known issue with our 02's in the US (although your 02 is our 03), I haven't seen it reported as an issue over there but never know. You can read about it here-

mulder

We've had temperature variations from -12C to +12C over the last few days so I had a feeling that may have something to do with it but that really should not happen. I've had hydraulics fail in cold weather before but only on Alfas. We'll see!

-C-

Reply to
Clive

Ok, well follow the info in the link I posted and see if that's where it's coming from. In severe cases there will actually be a visible puddle of fuel on the block under the lines, but in milder cases there will be only vapor. It only takes a small amount of fuel vapor to produce a very noticeable smell.

Reply to
mulder

I took a look and thanks for the heads up. Mine seems to be in a different area but difficult to tell.

-C-

Reply to
Clive

Alright then. Don't forget that our driver side is your passenger side.

Reply to
mulder

You're right. Doh!!

-C-