FWD Fuse...?

I've heard a few people talking about a FWD fuse holder on Subarus. While looking over my '97 Legacy, I noticed a fuse holder near the firewall on the passenger's side of the car. I am guessing this is the fuseholder,

Is this something yu can install a fuse in and use the car FWD only for the summer, or is it just for special purposes like towing?

Also, I noticed a couple years ago a fuseholder in the same location on my '89 GL coupe. Same function?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I had often thought of placing the fuse in and wiring a switch on the dash so I could switch btw FWD and AWD. Then I tested the driving with just FWD fuse in first as a test...WAYYYYYY too much oversteer. Plus it has been discussed numerous time here and on USMB that you don't save any gas as the mass of the AWD components is still being "driven"

Reply to
John

Hmmm...I hiccupped, you burped! ;)

Reply to