Gonna miss my '89 Coupe...

It's coming off the road Thursday. More because I'm too cheap to buy tires to replace the studded snows on it now.

But it's rusting, and this winter really put a hurt on it. I may run it one more year, but it needs a new CV/axle, brakes could use some help, and the body should be touched up (I am not the type to bondo it and spray primer..it has to look GOOD.)

Scrap is up to $200 per car right now, just about what I would sell it for. But, in the list of "favorite cars", this car is right up there:

'80 Corolla SR5 '85 Corolla GTS (still have it...) '88 Supra (just took it out of the garage for the summer...) '89 Subie GL Coupe

I have an '89 Mazda that will replace the S00B for the summer, but it's an appliance, and I have an '05 Scion tC. Except for the fact the tC is MUCH faster, handles better and rides better, I DON'T like driving it as much as the S00B!!! This car is probably the most comfortable car I have ever had, easily close to the two Corollas which were my favorites (outside of a '94 Chrysler LHS...it drove well, was comfortable and handled like a smaller car), and less of a maintenance headache than the Supra. I use the S00B for work, and have it set up like a rolling office; cell, hands-free and GPS all mouted on the dash in very convenient locations, I put in a good sound system, and it has everything but cruise and a sunroof.

The engine develops a clacking sound when temps are below 42 degrees, but lately it has been running like a champ, with the exception of hard starting in warm weather; the transmission although only a three speed (4400 RPM at 65?!?!) works really good. I know the engine and trans will last for at least another year, but the body is reaqlly going away fast.

Maybe this will give me the impetus to replace the head gaskets on my '97 Legacy wagon...

say-y-y...can I bolt a 1.8L to a Legacy tranny?!??!

Reply to
Hachiroku

If the 1.8 is the EA82 version, the answer is no.

Reply to
johninky

Well, thanks for bursting THAT bubble, pal! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Just fix the 98 and get going. that year subies are wonderful- not as die hard as the 1.8, but a great engine; my favorite..

Reply to
StephenH