has anyone heard of these tires?

hi,
i am looking for new tires for my 2005 Forester ... i never go off-road and
never drive in snow ... i don't care about performance ... just want long
tread life ... drive mainly on city streets and little highway ...
i live in australia, so not all tires available in US are available here ...
can someone recommend some long lasting treads?
also, has anyone heard or tried these tires?

thank you!
Reply to
coaster
I haven't heard of Achilles, but it may be a local 'store' brand. I would just research to see where they are made, and be wary of anything made in China! Don't know if it was news in Oz, but there were about 450,000 Chinese-made tires sold in the US under various (non-name) brands that were made without a tread-separation preventor........
Dan D '99 Impreza RS2.5 (son's) Central NJ USA
Reply to
Dano58
"coaster" Aug 30, 2007 at 07:50 PM
Never heard of 'em! Best life we've had to date on Liberty or Outback is from the Bob Jane Xenons we've got on at the moment. Good price, good mileage and great road tyre wet or dry on the 99 Outback. They're 225/60x16 which equates to a 1% speedo error - big deal! I think they were around $500/set fitted and balanced which is 100 more than the cheap stuff but probably close to double the mileage. Way less than the Geolandar too!
Reply to
hippo
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:00:02 -0000, Dano58 wrote:
I'd email the ebay store and ask them if there is a (USA) DOT Tire code on the tire. Then verify the manufacturer code and production date to be sure they are not Chinese tires, or that they are not old stock. There may be some mass wholesale dumping of the tires that can't be sold in the US to other markets. This website will decode the DOT numbers:
google
Reply to
QX
but the silly man should have put 225/*55*x16
Sorry! Cheers
-- Message posted using
information at
Reply to
hippo
I installed GoodYear ComforTread on my 2001 Forester ~9 months ago. The car seems more sure-footed now than with old ones. The only complaint: gas mileage dropped by ~5-7% initially...now it's again about same as it was with older tires.
Boris
Reply to
boris
i checked DOT number they are made in Indonesia ... must be as bad as China
Reply to
coaster
here in Australia i wish i could get GoodYear Assurance TripleTread ... but can't find anyone who sells them ...
Reply to
coaster

Site Timeline Threads

  • On my new Forester 2.5XT, I have 215/55R tires. They squeal when going around...

    Subaru Cars