Tire Squeal

On my new Forester 2.5XT, I have 215/55R tires. They squeal when going around corners moderatly. I haven't pushed it yet as the engine isn't broken in yet (600 miles do far). I went around the same corners at the same speed with my '91 Jeep and the tires didn't squeal. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, Jeep was in all-wheel drive Yes, they are properly inflated.

Al

Reply to
Al

Well, you don't say if you have the same brand of tires on the Forester as on the Jeep.... But I suspect it's crappy OEM tires, versus a problem with the Forester.

Dan D '99 Impreza RS2.5 (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

I found that inflating the Forester's tires to 36-40 PSI eradicates most of the squeal. The ride changes, and you hear more of the road as you're traveling normally. I can't remember what the manual says, I think it's either 32-34, but I spoke with the Subaru service guys and they said as long as I didn't inflate them too much past 40, then things should be OK.

YMMV, and get used to the new PSI before "pushing it".

HTH,

...Ric

Reply to
ric_man