Tires For A Forester

Time for some new tires for my 04 Forester XT. Does anyone know of any tires other than the Yokohama Geolander that are both on and off road worthy? It looks as though that is my only option in the 215/60-16 size. I do drive quite a bit on dirt and gravel roads in N. Nevada and we do get a bunch of snow at times. Perhaps a slightly different size-profile tire might get better options?

Reply to
Zeke

:) :) :) We drive a 1999 Forester S, and we live in Reno, so our driving patterns are probably a close match to yours. We've used Michelin Harmonies since shortly after we got the Forester and been quite satisfied. I'm not positive that our tire sizes are identical to yours, but I *think* that they are.

Reply to
Catherine Jefferson

I just told the shop I do business with that I wanted all weather tires for my '03 Forester and he sold me Goodrich Advantage T/A:

Not saying this is what you want but it prompted me to look up what I bought. Local dealers are probably best to ask for your specific area.

Reply to
Frank

Look at

- there are plenty of recommendations there.

Dan D '99 Impreza 2.5RS (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Yeah, I think it's a good resource. Just pay attention to the location of the reviewer. Someone recommending a tire in Hawaii, might not understand the needs of someone in Minneapolis.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

I tried the Yokohama Geolander A/T-S and found them wanting to follow ruts in the pavement too much because of the edge profile. Luckily the dealer took them back and I ended up with a set of Cooper CS4's. I haven't tried them off road yet but I am very pleased with these tires on the road. Very quiet and great handling even in wet conditions - tried them out during some severe thunderstorms!

Reply to
Zeke