HELP, 99 Subaru Outback Sport Transmission problems??

Hi,

I am having problems with my 99 Subaru Outback Sport (auto transmission). Everything was fine when I start the engine (but RPM is a bit low - between 400-500rpm), it work fine in "R" but when I shift it to "D" it has a problems, it didn't kick in immediately as it should be, I have to step hard on the brake for a second or two so the car can move forward on a flat surface, the car will simply sliding backward in "D" when I start my car in uphill position. I sent it to a mechanic and did a diagnostic and was told the problems was from the transmission?? My car has 115,000km but everything is fine shifting from "D" to "3" to "2" (very smooth). I have seen similar problems posted on this newsgroup and I am wondering should I go ahead to have transmission replaced?? (Cost CAD2,500.00) or it's a problems related to something else like Transmission Control Unit?? If anyone of you have experienced the same problems and already solved it, please kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance!!

Gordon snipped-for-privacy@telus.net

Reply to
Gordon

Get a 2nd opinion. Some repairs can be done w/o removing the tranny. A flush may help, also try an addditive like Lucas trans additive before going for a rebuild. Ed B.

Reply to
ed