How do I clean car seats (cloth)?

What's the best way to clean cloth car seats? Should I just rent one of those shampoo machines at the grocery store? Not too bad. Just a few small stains on the driver's seat (looks like someone had a few meals on the go). Since I just got the car (used) it would be nice to clean things up a bit. No smells, and nothing disgusting in there.

Thanks

Sheldon

Reply to
Sheldon

Edward Hayes

Are the seats cloth or velour?

John Smith Jones

Kind of a course cloth, but soft to the touch.

Reply to
Sheldon

Sounds like Herculon, a very popular upholstery fabric, but I don't know the deal on cleaning it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Spot clean with a product from Lifter 1 called Upholstery Spot Cleaner. It comes in a red can. It's an excellent spot cleaner. Lightly mist the surface with an all-propose cleaner and scrub with a stiff upholstery brush. You can follow up with a white terry cloth towel to dry it quicker. Cloth material is harder to clean than velour. Some cloth materials are so hard that they need to be dry cleaned. Email me personally at snipped-for-privacy@enter.net if you have further questions.

Bob

Reply to
John Smith Jones

Have you ever tried ProTek? This stuff is incredible. It cleans anything. It may leave the spots you clean cleaner than the rest of the seats, so if you use it, follow the directions.

It can be used to clean just about anything, but, it's not cheap.

JimF

Reply to
JimF

I found some stuff at NAPA that seems to work pretty well. Even has a brush built in to the top of the can. It's a foam that you brush in and just wipe off. I guess it's supposed to float the dirt to the surface. Anyway, the rag I used to wipe it off got pretty dirty.

Reply to
Sheldon