How many STi owners are in the Group?

I just wondered how many other ST owners are in this group?

BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi
1

"all sti all the time"

Reply to
4MLA1FN

why don't you keep the official tally and report the total as it grows?

I purchased a white 2004 STi here in California, in late November.

Reply to
John Emdall

Reply to
WRXtreme

Did you end up paying for all the mods more then you would've paid for a stock STi? :-D

Reply to
Diesel

kinda, though i can list more than a half dozen things that are unique to the sti that you didn't list: brakes, "bulletproof" 6spd manual, dccd, front lsd, vvt (not part of the shortblock is it), HID, sodium-filled exhaust valves, spec c suspension geometry (supposedly).

"all sti all the time"

Reply to
4MLA1FN

Welcome thread! Count me as the proud owner of a second-hand version 3 STI. Bought it with 94000 Japanese K's on the clock and have enjoyed every kilometre since, although I put them on fairly slowly at about 10K a year. Only had it about one month before I met the woman I later married. Talk about chick magnets! ;-) LOL! Of course I struggle to justify it now in purely sensible terms as a family man, but WTF, driving the STI is like an injection of adrenalin, and we all need some that to remind us that we are alive, sometimes. I don't now what the new models are like, but this MY97 model has big hairy cojones. It keeps the local big bangers humble (in these Australasian parts, the 5.7l V8 Holden Commodores and Ford Falcons)

Matt

Reply to
Matt

A few.

Reply to
Matt F

...bulletproof?

M.

Reply to
Matt F

no, i said "bulletproof". :) in other words, it has been said to be bulletproof, if you believe the stories about how subaru tested it.

"all sti all the time"

Reply to
4MLA1FN

Ok, no 6 speed for me, I ELECTED to get an automatic because I dragrace with it primarily. Perrin/Wilwood Braking System, I do have HID lights. I DO NOT have DCCD or VVT or the exhaust valves or LSD, but even w/o those mods I regularly pass STi's and EVO's when I attend track days on roadcourses. And as to the question of (not by this poster) did I spend more for my car w/ parts than if I bought an STi? Nope, sponsorship has it's advantages, I just paid 23,500 for the car and put about 3,000 into it before I picked up a sponsor (My Subaru dealer is my sponsor actually.)

All I asked is if I kinda had an STi and gave my justifications for thinking so, I never once said "I did a full STi conversion", is that so bad?

Reply to
WRXtreme

STi Version II owner

Reply to
Catherine & Ken Ross

Seems like there are not too many.

BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

Sounds like you have put a lot of work into the car. I haven't seen many new STi owners do a whole lot of performance mods yet. I have been totally satisfied with the factory performance. I'm sure it won't be long till you see a few 400 hp STi's rolling down the road.

BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

You need a good pummelling.

Reply to
Matt F

No thanks, unless someone comes out with something that shifts faster than an automatic and has consistent time I will stick to an auto for dragracing. Now, I enjoy a manual as much as the next guy (or girl) for spirited driving and/or road racing (on a course, not on the street) but like I said, not many people keep up with me on the roadcourses as it is and I really can't afford another car (have too many as it is).

Reply to
WRXtreme