STi owners, how old?

Most people probably thinkof STi owners as a bunch of 20 something rich kids, but the STi Wing thread seems to suggest that a significant number are more mature (at least as measured in years) professionals.

Is that true?

I'm a 48 year old male R+D manager and I just joined the STi brigade this year.

Any other paunchy, balding gray prepubescent's out there?

Reply to
Philip Procter

I'm a 50 year old engineer with an '02 wrx and might have gone STi if they made a wagon.

-rick-

Reply to
-rick-

White STi down the road from me - owner approaching 50.

Reply to
hippo

At 34 years I've been waiting for these things to hit the US for about

8 years and once they got here I have to wait a little more to afford one. I plan to own an STi by January and (scary enough) I actually kind of like the rear wing though I like the one on the Evolution better. I do even plan to get it out on some of the local forest roads so yes it will get dirt marks, the odd scratches, etc. That's what I'm buying it for. A toy! :)
Reply to
DragonRider

I think I'd have been dead within 5 minutes if I could have afforded one at age 21. (OK I know they weren't available then).

Finally got my STi when I was 47 (49 now) - boring grey haired Chartered Accountant.

Reply to
Malcolm Clark

I'm 44 and an IT Manager, and I didn't like the wing at first. But, now I do; it's as quirky as all Scoobies are.

Reply to
FNO

I'm a 58 year old network engineer and have always had high-performance cars (64 GTO, 66 Chev II 350HP, corvette, M6, Eclipse GTX Turbo, etc) and the STi is the best so far. My only problem is my fat butt is too large for the seats... Jim

Reply to
Jim Sanchez

Buying 05 STi in February as my birthday present. 66 year old retired Physicist and car enthusiast. Selling my 911 but keeping 00 Forester. ed

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Skinny-arsed 54 yr old tax consultant here...

Send it my way--my butt will fit!

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Gonna do some physics experiments with that STi? That's about when I'm thinking of planting my skinny 58 year old buns in a Subie. By Feb the dealers should be gearing up to move all the '05 STi's as the '06's will be coming along (probably May). Also by that time we might know if any of the '06 updates are worth holding out for... like perhaps better seats.

Also by that time I will have been able to check out the Audi A4 on the new B7 platform. Frankly the new A4's aren't even a lateral move with respects to appearance. That damn big snout is a turn off (although the grill does look better on the A6). Plus the new A4 with the 3.1 liter engine will be more costly that the Subie and offer a lower level of performance. Worse is that initially the new A4's will only available in 6 speed automatic. To me that's a BIG step down from the STi with the short throw shifter option.

Byron

Reply to
Byron Walter

And her I thought I was the old man of the group at 42 years old. Not bald yet, but getting a little gray/white.

BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

That's better than blue and white !

Philip

(silverSTi)

Reply to
Philip Procter

They do - well Japan anyway - special edition Forester...

Looks like fun!!

Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply) Video & Gaming:

Gadgets

I would think the performance would suffer on a wagon. You have to remember that they cut weight everywhere that was practical on the STi. Pull the carpet on the STi if you don't believe me! It's more like a piece of felt than carpet. BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

I'm not a "rich kid" I worked my ass of the last 10 years and I've been in to cars all my live.

I don't have a STI but bought a brand new WRX this year (didn't wana pay the extra 15000 euro...) and I'm 27.

Reply to
WRX

so where are all those wrx wagons that are so much slower than their sedan counterparts?

imo, you'd have to be a superhuman driver to not have your skill (or lack thereof) far outweigh the differences in chassis characteristics.

ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert

The wagon only ways 60 lbs more. FYI, they make an STi Wagon in Japan. The wagon is a more aerodynamic shape as well.

Reply to
JaySee

Wow! 60 lbs isn't all that much difference. But, then again, they left out a radio an floor matts on the STi to save weight. And how much weight can that be? 10 lbs? But, the strangest thing of all is that the STi weights in at 200 pounds more than the STD WRX. Sure the STi has 500cc's of additional displacement. But, you wouldn't think that would add 200 lbs. I'm sure it has something to do with a heavier duty transmission or something. BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

Engine, tranny, mounts etc for all, larger wheels, possibly suspension differences could all be part of it.

Reply to
CompUser

You all probably know this but the 05 STI has all the audio trimmings and auto AC.

That blasted car is not helping me come up with a valid reason why I shouldn't buy it.

Reply to
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net