How to remove front seats in 99 SUS Ltd.

Can anyone tell me what's the best way to get the seats off the track in a 99 SUS Ltd? I want to clean between them and clean the rails really well.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
ismlv

What's a SUS?

All of the Soobies I have worked on have the front seats held in with

4 bolts, two front, two back. Slide the seat forward and remove the rear pair, and back to remove the front bolts. Remove the seat, being careful to disconnect any wiring. Flip the seat over on a sawhorse or whatever, and you should be able to do any cleaning/lubricating necessary. You may be able to further remove the sliders from the seats, but you might find that you have to undo upholstery to get to the fasteners. You will probably _not_ be able to disassemble the slide mechanism. Reassembly is the reverse; be sure to titen the bolts securely; 25-30ftlb.

ByeBye! S.

snipped rest...

Sport Utility Sedan. subaru eventually figured out it was a clumsy name and it is now just known as the outback sedan.

Stu

Reply to
Stu Hedith