how to replace '02 legacy wagon turn signal bulb?

after a small altercation with another vehicle's rear bumper, my '02 legacy wagon se is left with a broken headlight lens, a broken amber turn signal lens behind it, and one non-functioning turn signal bulb.

1) are replacement lenses available for the front headlight assembly or do i have to replace the whole assembly? as far as i can see, everything but the two lenses is okay.

2) i tried to put in a new turn signal bulb, but i can't figure out how. (i don't see any actual instructions in the owner's manual, except a listing of bulb types.) i have replaced headlamps on this car before, and that was easy (rotate big plastic plug, and the bulb socket pops out, etc.), but there doesn't seem to be access to the side marker and turn signal from the engine compartment (there's some bodywork supports in the way).

could someone please help me with some tips or service manual information?

thanks,

....... tom klein

Reply to
tom klein