I changed the time belt and now it won’t start.

I have a XT-GL 1988 in which my friend who is a mechanic changed the time belt but now the car won?t start. We want to know how to line the time. I guess. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Reply to
bcr1978

Engine has to be rotated 360 degrees after first belt is installed and before second belt is installed. First timers often overlook this and also often use the wrong timing marks on the flywheel.

Go to

and you will find the entire procedure.

Reply to
johninKY