Help - I’m stranded and I think it might be the alarm....

Please help! I have a 1992 740 turbo wagon - and I think the ignition kill is activated. For some reason the car won?t start. When I turn the key, nothing but the lights on the dash come on and you can hear a slight ?click? in the engine. Something like this happened the other day and we simply hit the alarm button on the remote and then tried to start the car and it worked, but now it doesn?t start. When the alarm is "deactivated" the number 2 diode is on and is flashing and the main light flashes once every couple of seconds. When the car is locked and the alarm activated just the main light is on and flash every few seconds. What can we do?!?!? I am stranded. Please help.

Thanks, Matt D.

Reply to
mattad

If you hear a click from the engine it may well be a bad starter, you could try tapping it with a rubber mallet and see if that fixes it, if it does then replace the starter.

Reply to
James Sweet